torstai 4. marraskuuta 2010

The Monster Ball

I was at The Monster Ball in Helsinki, Finland 13.10.2010. Gaga's second show in Finland was in Helsinki Arena (Hartwall Areena) which has 11 000 seats and it was sold out in both days Gaga concerted there, 13th and 14th. No we are talking about scale that fits for Her!
Gaga was suppose to come in Finland with Monster Ball at the summer, but the concert was moved. I was sad when we didn't knew She was going to come here later. So it was a very happy morning when I opened the newspaper and there were an announcement of The Monster Ball Tour in Helsinki. I was queing the tickets in next morning, there were some 20 people in line before me. I was the only one who wasn't dressed normally, since I had my Poker Face mask on. Unfortunately the tickets run out in fifteen minutes and I just didn't get mine. I was really sad, took off my mask and went home, but immediately went online and bought the ticket from Finnish internet auction Huutonet. I bought a ticket to standing auditorium of course and it costed me almost double price again 100€ ($140) (original price was 60€ for standing auditorium, I don't understand why some tickets costed 80€). It was totally worth the money, but I was a little annoyed when I just bought the ticket with double price and in the next day there was an announcement for second gig in the newspaper. But I'm so fast, sometimes it's giving trouble (not this time, really).
The concert was the most amazing experience I've ever had and I think nothing could top it, before Gaga's next tour perhaps. The set list was:

ACT I: City
 1. Dance in the Dark
 2. Glitter and Grease
 3. Just Dance
 4. Beautiful, Dirty, Rich
 5. The Fame
ACT II: Subway
 6. LoveGame
 7. Boys Boys Boys
 8. Money Honey
 9. Telephone
10. Brown Eyes
11. Speechless
12. You and I
13. So Happy I Could Die
ACT III: Forest
14. Monster
15. Teeth
16. Alejandro
ACT IV: Monster Ball
17. Poker Face
18. Paparazzi
19. Bad Romance
Before Gaga came to the stage there was Lady Starlight DJ:ing and fooling around with a whiskey bottle and a tomahawk in her hand. She was drunk. Then came the warming-up band, Semi Precious Weapons, which was okay, but everybody wanted Gaga. Then they just start to build the decor, because it took so long and we had to listen half of some Michael Jackson's greatest-hits-album. I even spent time counting the loudspeakers hanging on the roof around the stage, there was 128 of them.
When Dance in the Dark started to play and Gaga's shadow was shown in the screen everybody got crazy. The show was totally like an opera, like Lady Gaga has promised: "Worlds first pop-electro opera". So wonderful, awesome and amazing; the music, costumes, decor, videos, dance, the Fame Monster, everything was just perfect!
I was able to smuggle a pocket size water bottle with me this time, which was a salvation, since I was jumping, dancing, shouting and singing all the time. I was wearing my Blue Telephone Hat (which I choose over Alejandro Crown, because it's blue and shows better in the shady hall than black crown), Lightningbolt Shirt (from LoveGame) and red half gloves from Telephone. This first picture is from Helsingin Sanomat:


And I get to the papers! I knew from the last time, that there would be reporters and for this I came early to the arena. I looked around and soon I spotted two news guys. They were so easy to recognize, when the photographer had a brimmed hat, it almost had "Press"-card in its string. I guessed they were from Helsingin Sanomat and they were. Helsingin Sanomat, "Helsinki News" is the biggest newspaper not only in Finland, but in all Scandinavia. It's an honor to get in it. So I spotted the photographer and I went to talk to him. I asked if he would like to get a good picture and I showed my Hat which I wasn't yet wearing. He liked it and we took many photos and the journalist came to ask me some questions. Then a few minutes later some other reporters found me, two women from Aamulehti "Morning Paper". Again we took many photos and I answered some questions. This reporter was clearly going to the concert herself, she had a bow in her hair and we wished good concert to us both.

But the most amazing thing is that Lady Gaga Herself saw and praised my Telephone Hat! It happened after LoveGame and before Boys Boys Boys when She walked around the stage talking and She saw me at the crowd very near the stage. Gaga spotted me with Her Disco Torch, which She had in Her hand. She said to me: "...boy, I like your Telephone Hat, that's very crafty! And your hair, it's really good. You're giving me a little flavor for the gay kids right now..."
Here's my video about that and the concert:

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti