keskiviikko 3. marraskuuta 2010

The Fame Ball

I was at the Fame Ball in Helsinki, Finland 28.9.2009. The show was in Kulttuuritalo, "House of culture", which has room for lousy 1388 people (889 seats and 504 standing). Totally underestimated even if it was Gaga's first concert in Finland.
I didn't right away get to know that Gaga was going to perform in Finland, so I missed totally the ticket sales. But in the Finnish internet auction Huutonet there were many tickets for sale. I bought one for best place in the standing auditorium. It costed me double price or 100€ ($140), but it was totally worth it.
The concert was awesome! It was the first gig I was ever been! But certainly not the last. But I will only go to Gaga's concerts, no other artist or band is worth my money. The set list was:
  1. Paparazzi
  2. Lovegame
  3. Beautiful, Dirty, Rich
  4. The Fame
  5. Money Honey
  6. Boys Boys Boys
  7. Just Dance
  8. Eh, Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say)
  9. Brown Eyes
  10. Poker Face (Acoustic Version)
  11. Poker Face
Concert started an hour late and during that time we was forced to listen Hyper Crush, which was a warming up band, lousy one. But the concert was my best experience before Monster Ball. Especially Poker Face got the crowd crazy. It was very hot and tight in the standing auditorium and I was jumping all the time. I was wearing my Back Hole Glasses (my first ever Gaga prop), Lightning Bolt Shirt (made after Lady Gaga logo), white silk gloves (that I've bought just before the concert and I almost got late because of them), black leather biker gloves, metal bracers and chainmail belt. I was the most "outrageous" dressed fan there (nothing to compare my later outfits though) and I think Gaga saw me:

I went to the concert alone, because I didn't know absolutely any Gaga fans yet. But with a surprise when the concert was over I met my friend from high school when we were coming out of the building. I didn't knew she was a Gaga fan, and she didn't knew about me being one. We talked and I showed her a picture of Gaga that I've made with Illustrator (vector graphics program):

I have thought of giving it to Gaga Herself, but She didn't come out then. Luckily I met my friend, because she encouraged me to give my picture to the band members who were smoking outside the building. So I talk to them and I asked one of them (maybe Nicolas Constantine, the guitarist, or Thomas Kafafian the bassist) to take my picture and giving it to Gaga. He asked "What is it, a bomb?" and took it and promised to give it to Gaga. Inappropriate joke, since I'm Her fan and I would never like to bomb Her (I only bomb Her with love).

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti